parkway n : a wide scenic road planted with trees; "the riverside drive offers many exciting scenic views" [syn: drive]
- a road, a thoroughfare
- a scenic freeway
- a surface road with a landscaped median
- In the context of "rail transport|UK": a railway station built on the edge of a town, typically with a large car park.
- For other uses, see Parkway (disambiguation).
In the United States, Parkways are defined as follows:
- A type of road
- A broad landscaped thoroughfare; especially : one from which trucks and other heavy vehicles are excluded.
- A roadway in a park : a landscaped thoroughfare connecting parks
parkway in Japanese: 公園道路
Autobahn, US highway, alley, alleyway, arterial, arterial highway, arterial street, artery, autoroute, autostrada, avenue, belt highway, blind alley, boulevard, bypass, byway, camino real, carriageway, causeway, causey, chaussee, circumferential, close, corduroy road, county road, court, crescent, cul-de-sac, dead-end street, dike, dirt road, drive, driveway, expressway, freeway, gravel road, highroad, highway, highways and byways, interstate highway, lane, local road, main drag, main road, mews, motorway, pave, paved road, pike, place, plank road, primary highway, private road, right-of-way, ring road, road, roadbed, roadway, route nationale, row, royal road, secondary road, speedway, state highway, street, superhighway, terrace, thoroughfare, through street, thruway, toll road, township road, turnpike, wynd